Analytical Suite Metadata
Reconciliation of picked, probed and confirmed indicator mineral grain counts (Morrison, 1995).
Indicator mineral grain counts. The suite lists one of three possible counts:
- Reported by the IM picking laboratory
- Number of grains sent for microprobe analysis
- Reported by the microprobe laboratory
The following types of grains were picked from a heavy mineral concentrate:
- Pyrope: assumed to be peridotitic (purple) garnet
- Pyrope?: assumed to be a garnet that is not readily classifiable as peridotitic or eclogitic
- Eclogitic: assumed to be eclogitic (orange) garnet
- Ilmenite/Chromite: includes both ilmenite and chromite grains, picked as a single entity. These two minerals are difficult to distinguish from one another using only a binocular microscope, and picking laboratories may choose to group them together
- Chrome Diopside
- Other: includes gahnite and corundum
It is possible that other types of grains were searched for, but not found (e.g. diamond).
The picked grains were probed to confirm their identification.
Sample material: mineral
Sample weight: unstated
|Index||Method Order||Method ID||Quantity||Detection Limit|
Associated Analytical Packages:
|Index||Package ID||Package Name|
|1||170||Reconciliation of picked, probed and confirmed indicator mineral grain counts (Morrison/GSC, 1995)|
- Date modified: