Analytical Suite Metadata
GSC NASGLP moisture content
Moisture content is determined by drying the sample at 105°C.
Because the percentage is expressed as a ratio to the dry weight (by convention) of the sample, percentages greater than100% are possible.
- Record the weight of a clean, dry container and lid (W1).
- Place a crumbled sample loosely in the container and replace the lid. Weigh the container, lid and content (W2).
- Remove the lid and place the container, content and lid in an oven at 105°C to dry for 24 hours.
- After drying, remove container, lid and content from the oven, replace the lid and allow to cool in a desiccator until temperature equilibrium is reached (approximately 2 hours).
- Record the weight of the container with lid and content (W3).
% moisture = ((W2 - W1) / (W3-W1)) * 100 (W3 - W1)
Sample material: solid
Sample weight: unstated
|Index||Method Order||Method ID||Quantity||Detection Limit|
Associated Analytical Packages:
|Index||Package ID||Package Name|
|1||262||GSC Sed Lab moisture and bulk density measurement|
- Date modified: