Coker, W.B.; DiLabio, R.N.W.
Northwest Territories and Nunavut, Gold and PGE Geochemical Project, 1988
The geochemistry of till, gossan and lake sediment as well as the surficial geology of the Ferguson, Yathkyed and Contwoyto Lakes areas, Northwest Territories and Nunavut were investigated during the summer of 1988.
The primary objectives of the project were to:
1) identify how Au and platinum group element (PGE) mineralization are reflected in associated till and to demonstrate the value of till as an exploration method;
2) define the mobilization and redistribution of Au and PGE in the zone of weathering;
3) define patterns of glacial dispersal in areas of Au and PGE mineralization;
4) develop analytical methods to determine low levels of Au and PGE in gossans, overburden, vegetation and water;
5) test the effectiveness of lake centre sediment geochemistry as a method of exploring for Au in the tundra.
The geochemical data have not been published. The surficial geology of the Contwoyto Lake area was published in Geological Survey of Canada Open File 2018.
Canada-Northwest Territories Mineral Development Agreement 1988-1991
- Date modified: