HMC separation (ODM; previously sieved and picked)
Overburden Drilling Management – re-separation of <2mm size fraction
The various <2mm size fractions that had been obtained from earlier sample processing were recombined. The re-combined samples were then separated by heavy liquid (methylene iodide, SG 3.2), separated ferromagnetically, and sieved into four size fractions; <0.25 mm, 0.25-0.5 mm, 0.5-1 mm and 1-2 mm. The 0.25-0.5 mm size fraction underwent further paramagnetic separation, was further separated using paramagnetic techniques into five fractions:
- Strongly paramagnetic ( <0.6 amps)
- Moderately paramagnetic (0.6 – 0.8 amps)
- Weakly paramagnetic (0.8 – 1.0 amps)
- Non-paramagnetic ( > 1.0 amps), heavy (S.G. > 3.2)
- Non-paramagnetic ( > 1.0 amps), light (S.G. < 3.2)
A flow chart of the process is presented in GSC Open File 7029 (figure 2).
Category: Sample preparation procedures
Keywords corresponding to sample preparation procedures. Taken from the “Sample_Preparation_Methodss_SHARED” database table.
- Date modified: